Port Huron house damaged in Thursday evening blaze

Investigations are underway into a fire that severely damaged a Port Huron home last night. According to Port Huron Fire Department Batallion Chief Dale Minard, it happened around 7pm last night at a house in the 1100 block of Stanton Street in Port Huron. All residents of the home were able to get out safely and there were no injuries reported. Crews from the Port Huron Fire Department and neighboring departments were on the scene for four hours last night. The fire is believed to have started in the chimney of the house.