A Jeddo man and his son escaped injury Friday morning when their van caught fire. The two were travelling in the 5600 block of Beard Road about 6:45 when the son saw smoke coming from a vent in the Dodge Ram Van. They were able to gather some belongings and get out of the vehicle before it became fully engulfed in flames. Clyde Township Fire Department was called, along with deputies from the Sheriff’s Office. Beard Road was completely closed for about an hour and one lane was closed until just before 9:00 a.m.