FIVE HOSPITALIZED IN CARBON MONOXIDE INCIDENT




A faulty furnace exhaust is believed to be the cause of a serious incident Sunday morning.  Port Huron Township Fire Chief Craig Miller says the got the call at about 3 am at a home in the 2700 block of North Range Road.  When they arrived they found two adults and three children feeling ill.  A quick check inside saw firefighters carbon monoxide detectors going off.  The five were rushed to area hospitals and later transported to Detroit for further treatment. Chief Miller says the incident is an example as to whey carbon monoxide detectors need to be installed in every home. The by-product of burring fuel is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that is slightly less dense than air. It is toxic to humans
 
 

Filed Under :  
Topics : Environment
Locations : Detroit
People : Craig Miller
 Follow 
Share